About the customer
Imprivata®, the digital identity company for healthcare, provides identity, authentication, and access management solutions that are purpose-built to solve healthcare’s unique workflow, security, and compliance challenges. Imprivata enables healthcare securely by establishing trust between people, technology, and information across the increasingly complex healthcare ecosystem. For more information, please visit www.imprivata.com.
Imprivata’s Customer Support team relies primarily on Salesforce to log, resolve, and track customer cases and serve its growing customer base around the globe. One of the major challenges was that in order to resolve some of these cases, the team required seamless collaboration with the Product Engineering team, which operates exclusively within Jira for issue and bug tracking.
As a result, teams had to juggle two separate systems for everyday customer engagement tasks. This prevented the seamless flow of information between teams and led to the risk of miscommunication, duplication of efforts, and inability to move swiftly on customer issues.
What Imprivata needed is a system for enabling a seamless flow of information between their support and engineering teams. Their search for a reliable solution led them to Goldfinger’s CRM Plugin for Jira – an easy-to-use solution that supports a bi-directional integration between Jira and Salesforce and allows users to create, update, and track issues in Jira from within Salesforce.
The solution was rolled out to Imprivata’s global Customer Support team and the implementation completed quickly. Users can now:
- Create new Jira issues at the click of a button – populating required fields with data already within the Salesforce case.
- Track issues with the help of a Jira ‘Panel’ within Salesforce, which updates dynamically and alerts a Customer Support Engineer in case there is an update from the engineering team in Jira.
The integration enabled silo-free interactions between Imprivata’s customer-facing and back-end teams and allowed them to work together in a way that caters to all their work item needs as it related to their customer requests.
- Enhanced team collaboration – The ability to easily link issues between support and development work environments facilitated fluid cross-team communication and improved transparency.
- Improved productivity – Automation of work between Jira and Salesforce significantly reduced the time spent in going back and forth between systems to understand the big picture.
- Greater customer satisfaction – The integration provided improved visibility to different teams, making sure cases are resolved fast; thereby, improving customer satisfaction.
“The time savings of not having to go back and forth between systems is considerable,
this investment has also had a positive effect on our employee satisfaction, which no
doubt is passed on to our customers.”
Interim Leader, Customer Support at Imprivata
As technical complexity in the workplace increases, it is more important than ever to have seamless integration between systems. The easy and powerful integration between Salesforce and Jira enabled by the plugin will not only facilitate greater cross-functional collaboration and continuous improvement in productivity at Imprivata, it will also help them gain a more holistic view of customer requirements to take their
customer service to the next level.